As the clocks turned back and the cold nights drew in, we all knew it was coming. The penultimate month of the year brings the beginning of festivities, but also a plethora of important awareness days and weeks that we should all be conscious of! October marked the start of Cancer Awareness Month which, along with a range of different charity initiatives, bought about a level of discourse up and down the country about a disease that has affected, and continues to effect so many of us. November isnt just about ‘Movember’ and, much like October, it is a month of awareness raising; at WiH UK, we believe that awareness is an integral part of fighting the issues and want to ensure that everyone knows whats going on throughout the month!
So whats going on during the month?
- National Fertility Awareness Week- 30th October to 5th November
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month- 1st November to 30th November
- COPD Awareness Month- 1st November to 30th November
- National HIV testing week- 18th November
- World Diabetes Day- 14th November
- Movember- 1st to 30th November
- National Stress Awareness Day- 1st November
- Alcohol Awareness Week- 13th November
- International Day for the Elimination of Domestic Violence (16 days) –25th November
Throughout the month we will be providing you with a range of articles on just a few of the awareness days and subjects!
What is happening in the world of WiH UK during November?
After the success of our recent ‘Empowering Women in Healthcare’ Coffee Morning last month, on the 24th November 2017, we will be holding ANOTHER Coffee Morning to provide attendees with discussion, knowledge and empowerment! It will be held at Weetwood Hall, Otley Road, Leeds, and run from 9am to 11am. Alongside the usual discussions, personal development and investment opportunities, there will be free breakfast and a chance to speak with our Director and Founder, Angie Khupe about the issues facing women within the Healthcare sector.
Please note, spaces are limited, so to enroll head to Event Brite and search for ‘Empowering Women in Healthcare Coffee Morning’, contact us on 0845 299 3781 or email@example.com.